THE INTELLIGIBLE SKY
by Adrianne Simioni
1. Around The Fire - Ancient people look to the stars. 4'10''
2. Gods In The Sky - Legends and myths become constellations. 5'45''
3. Superstitious Minds - Catastrophes... plagues... fall of kings... all written on stars. 0'34''
4. Stellar Calendar (Pastoral):
6. Theories - Natural events become letters and numbers:
7. Giant Eyes - The frontiers of the universe are expanded with the invention of the telescope. [note: this piece is based on a “ricercare” composed by Vicenzo Galilei (1520-1591), father of the famous astronomer Galileo Galilei.] 4'23''
9. Open Minds - Considering all the hypotheses:
10. Navigation - Knowledge of the night sky for maritime exploration:
11. Spacetronic Eyes - Radars, radio-telescopes, X-ray and gamma-ray space probes, space labs...collecting cosmic data. 5'51''
12. Alien Eyes - Are we being observed? 4'47''
Total Time: 49'24''
All tracks composed by Adrianne Simioni except: "Giant Eyes" by Vicenzo Galilei; "Open Minds", "Spacetronic Eyes" and "Açien Eyes" by Adrianne Simioni and Zozimo Rech.All tracks arranged by Adrianne Simioni and Zozimo Rech except "Jovian Moons" and "Navigation" by Zozimo Rech. Electric guitars, acoustic guitars, lap steel guitars, elecric violin performed by Adrianne Simioni. Keyboard solo on "Gods In The Sky" by Zozimo Rech. Acoustic guitar improvisation on intro of "Open Minds" by Zozimo Rech. Electric guitar solo (left channel) on "Spacetronic Eyes" by Zozimo Rech. Produced by Zozimo Rech.
Track 1 to 12 register numbers:BR-ZZH-06-00035;BR-ZZH-06-00036;BR-ZZH-06-00037;BR-ZZH-06-00038;BR-ZZH-06-00039;BR-ZZH-06-00040; BR-ZZH-06-00041;BR-ZZH-06-00042;BR-ZZH-06-00043;BR-ZZH-06-00044;BR-ZZH-06-00045;BR-ZZH-06-00046.
The Intelligible Sky
©2006 Adrianne Simioni.
Released in 2006.